On Sunday we had a sitter come watch Aurora while we went to a movie and had dinner with friends. The first thing Stephenie did when she came over was take Aurora on a walk around the neighborhood. She said the weather was finally cooling down and she wanted to take advantage of the beautiful afternoon. I'd been thinking that I need to be more active, but it's been so hot that I didn't even consider neighborhood walks. Truthfully, it's still a little bit too warm, but Stephenie inspired me and I've decided to take Aurora on a walk every afternoon when we get home.
Monday we took a very short walk, and it was not easy. After being sick last week and not going to the gym in months, just one little hill and my legs were burning! Yesterday I walked a little further, and today I had a lot more energy and actually kind of pushed myself - went up some steep hills and even jogged at points! Those of you who've been to our house know that we live in a beautiful neighborhood for walking, but it's a little bumpy, as we don't have sidewalks and our streets are paved with gravel. Our jogging stroller has a flat tire, but I think we'll need to repair it if we're going to go deeper into the neighborhood than today's walk took us.
It's really the perfect afternoon activity for both of us. I spend most of my days sitting too much, and she spends her days running around! On our drive home we excitedly talk about grabbing a snack and getting in the stroller, then during our walk we have lovely conversations about everything we see - birdies, trees, cars, the colors of houses, etc. When the walk is over Aurora never wants to get out of the stroller. I take her out, and she objects and climbs back in! Silly girl...
3 comments:
We remember what a nice area it is to walk around your neighborhood, and great exercise with the hills. Aurora looks totally cozy in her stroller with a yummy Goldfish snack...
Glad you've started walking again. Sounds like it's very enjoyable for you two.
I hope I can go for walks with Aurora and Zeland (and anyone else who wants to come along) during the Thanksgiving holidays. The weather should be cool then. Hope it doesn't rain when we want to walk.
she is so big!!! and cute of course : )
Post a Comment