Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Phew

I’d like to start off by saying that traveling with a baby is not easy. Planning a day with 6 adults, an 8-year old and two babies who are on different schedules is a little challenging as well. Add in the logistics of Thanksgiving and Christmas (we celebrated early as it was the only time we’d all be together), and you have one hectic weekend. Actually, we had a nice time. Nancy fixed a traditional Thanksgiving meal on Thursday (no, Aurora did not eat turkey!), then we all opened presents. Rora's a lot like a kitty - she liked the ribbon best.

On Friday we hauled the babies off to Julia’s friend Nicki’s house for a photo shoot (I can’t wait to get the pictures!). Saturday was very low key – we just took a nice walk and rented a movie. Sunday we brought the babies to the park to play on the swings.



Sunday afternoon we took a quick trip up to Jerome for lunch, then on Monday we drove down to Phoenix for an afternoon at the zoo and a really lovely dinner in Tempe (thanks Andrew & Julia!).

We really had a good time getting to know little Zeland. He’s one month younger than Aurora and is such a little sweetie. He’s just sitting up and is the cutest little guy when he flails around on the ground, but Aurora started crawling a couple weeks ago and her main goal during this trip was to pull herself to standing and balance well enough to let go of whatever she was holding. I'm not sure what she's saying to Zeland here, but I can tell you that standing up was serious business. Now that we're home she's started standing up in her crib too...

I'll post more pics as I continue to go through them. I know that between Nancy, Julia, and Nicki, tons of great family photos were taken. Of course, I also need to catch up on all my food shopping, dishes, laundry, unpacking, sleeping, and reading (I just started reading Twilight)... better get to it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute. I can't wait to see them together again! Hopefully in March. Let me know how you like the book.

Turpin Family said...

Just when I think she can't get any cuter, you put a picture up of her in bliss on the swing. I just want to eat her up!

Nancy said...

Good summary of our week end. I, too, can't wait to see Nicole's pictures. I am still going through mine and it will probably be quite a while until I'm finished.

It's so lonely without everyone.
I will have to go down to Phoenix soon to get my "baby fix."