Monday, December 22, 2008

Playtime

This morning Aurora and I headed out to the Austin Children's Museum to spend some time playing! Mondays from 9am-Noon the museum is open for parents and kids under 3, so no big kids are trampling the babies, and the activities are all baby-friendly. Admittedly, Aurora was one of the younger kiddos and probably won't truly appreciate it for a few more months - but she had fun!

She was fascinated by these ping pong balls as they fell down this neat contraption:
She tried out the tiny little slide... whoa!

And she played in this awesome little corner area with all soft toys. I want an area like this in my house!

Afterwards, we met up with Chuck for lunch, then headed to the mall for some walking. Actually, after watching toddlers walk around all day, I decided Aurora needed some better shoes for all her standing up and cruising. We went to Stride-Rite and found a great pair of crib shoes on sale for $14.95! Rora had fun there too - she got her feet measured and a sales person helped her try on her shoes on to make sure they fit right.

"I'm ready to play some more now mommy! Perhaps a nap first..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's so nice that the museum has such neat things for Aurora-age kids! And look at those cute little shoes! You're a lucky girl, Aurora! We love you!