It’s one thing to get a bad night’s sleep and feel exhausted and crummy when you’re just living a normal life… it’s not easy, but it’s doable. Add in pregnancy, and it’s definitely harder. But lack of sleep (and getting sick) when caring for a baby seems to me like it just might be impossible if we couldn’t stay home from work for at least a couple months.
I love my job and hate missing a day, but I’m beginning to look forward to maternity leave. Not enough to take off early, mind you - I want all the time off with my daughter that I can get! But I am looking forward to it. For the last couple of days I’ve been working shorter hours as I train Bailey. It’s just all the energy I have right now.
Being tired and feeling sick has kind of shaken my confidence. A few days ago I felt ready to give birth anytime. Now, I just hope I feel better the day she comes. This would not be a very fun way to begin motherhood. Aren’t I supposed to have a spurt of energy and do some serious nesting before the big day?
4 comments:
dear Amber, I hope you feel a little better already. take care, love, susanna
I totally understand. Only 3 more weeks of work for me, and then I can totally focus on getting ready for pumpkin. It will be hard to leave (I'm quitting, not taking maternity leave), but I know I am leaving it in good hands.
A spurt of energy - can't wait for that!!
It will all be worth it soon, hang in there!
Hang in there, momma! You're going to do great and start to feel better soon! That little girl will be here in no time and you can focus on getting to know her and not worry about work. You'll have enough on your plate at home and will learn how to balance.
You look FABULOUS, btw!! Such a cute pregnant woman!
Post a Comment