Tuesday, April 8, 2008

1 Centimeter

Today was my weekly OB appointment. This time the internal exam was sort of worse, but just the fact that I knew what to expect made it easier. My doctor was very pleased to tell me that I’m 1 cm dilated; she liked seeing progress. My belly also measured 1 cm larger (as usual), so Blueberry's still growing just as she should be. My next appt is Monday, and Dr. Belt said at that point we’ll have the conversation about induction, though she’s impressed with how well we’re doing and does think this baby will come on her own without intervention, even if she’s late.

I just learned that April 20th is the next full moon, and apparently full moons cause babies to be born! We’ll see… baby girl will come when she’s good and ready, and I'm sure she'll be here before we know it. I am still feeling really good, other than another sore throat that's been looming. And this week I’ve been feeling a lot of pressure on my bladder and on the nerves at the top of my right leg, which causes random shooting pain that can stop me in my tracks.

Anyway, yesterday we hired my temporary replacement at work! I start training her tomorrow, and who knows, I could have a day or a week (or more?) to train her. One thing about the LAF is that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Who knows what the volunteer program will look like in 3 months? But I know she'll be great, and am glad that my job will be in good hands while I’m gone.

1 comment:

Alexis D. said...

1 down, 9 to go! To bad there isn't a timetable for that!!