Tuesday, April 1, 2008

No April Fools baby here!

Today I had my 37 and a half week OB check, which included my first internal exam. I feel like my doctor just got to 2nd base with me. It wasn't the most pleasant thing, but it wasn't bad. As far as progress, well, she said I'm still "all closed up." All those Braxton Hicks for nothing. My blood pressure's still good and low, my weight actually hasn't fluxuated at all in the past 2 weeks (sorry to even mention it Suz, but I haven't even broken 140 lbs), but my belly is measuring 1 cm larger each week.

And now, for the more trivial part of today's blog:
Things that are harder to do when you're pregnant

Pulling weeds. This weekend we went out to do yard work, and I pulled weeds for as long as I could, but it was way hard!

Using my lap desk. This has been a tough one, because we eat on our lap desks, I pay bills on my lap desk, and my laptop is on a lap desk. The hardest thing about the laptop is just moving it to and from my lap (it's kind of heavy). The hardest thing about eating with the lap desk is not being able to lean forward and spilling on my tummy.

Reading out loud. Since I'm reading the baby books and Chuck isn't, I like to read the important parts to him. Lately I get so out of breath AND I get heartburn when reading aloud (I'm usually laying on my side). Crazy!

Hugging. I think Chuck's afraid of squishing the belly, and I'll admit it's a little awkward, so we've been getting fewer good hugs in these days. Now that I've typed that out, I realize it's kind of sad.

Figuring out why my tummy feels weird. I could be hungry, or is it just the baby moving? Maybe I have to go to the bathroom... or if I just change positions. Something I ate? All I'm saying is there's a lot going on in a relatively small space!!!

I had more on the list, but most of them would've bored you... I mean, obviously it's harder to do things like carry boxes, find a comfortable sleep position, walk fast, and drink enough water, but you already know that. Chuck says I should also mention doing summersaults.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah, it sounds like it might be a good idea to retire the lap-desk until lil' blueberry (mini-watermelon by now?) makes her debut.

Unknown said...

I would like to add....picking things up after you drop them I find this difficult I dont think baby Z likes it when I bend over he usually gives me a good kick to the ribs... This is where Cameron comes in handy.

Melanie Ostergard said...

I can't believe you haven't broken 140lbs...so unfair!! I think we are about the same size and I gained 50 lbs (was weird to see the scale register 170 lbs, let me tell you!!)

The good thing is that it melts off pretty quickly. I'm a month post delivery and am only 7 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. Now, that doesn't mean I fit in my pre-pregnancy clothes. I think my hips must have resituated because there is no way my jeans are fitting any time soon!!

Keep us posted on Blueberry's arrival. I can't wait to see pictures and hear how everything goes...

Amber said...

Well, you did have TWINS! I also started at about 120 lbs - and I'm just wondering how on earth the tummy skin is going to squeeze back into place :) So far my hips don't feel like they've moved, but I'm expecting them to widen at least a little bit!

Melanie Ostergard said...

You'd be amazed how quickly your stomach goes back to semi-normal status. As far as mine stretched, it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. I definitely isn't the way it used to be, but not as bad as I thought. We can compare notes after Blueberry is born!!