Last night was our best night of sleep yet. Aurora’s fussy hour has slowly been shifting earlier and earlier in the evening, and last night she was done crying by midnight. We all went to sleep soon after (Aurora in her bassinet next to us), and she didn’t wake up until just over 3 hours later. Daddy picked her up and brought her to me while I set up my nursing pillow, and she fed for 20 minutes straight (yay!). A new diaper and we were off to another 3 hours of sound sleep before her next feeding.
During that 2nd feeding, I watched as the clear sky turned ominous, lightening started to strike in the distance, followed by clapping thunder, pouring rain, and a hail storm! I opened the bedroom door to let Tater hide under the bed, but the baby didn’t even notice. Chuck loves storms, so he woke up to snuggle Rora and called it a “magical moment.”
Aurora didn’t wake up again until 8:30am, when I fed her and gave her to Chuck for some snuggle time. They’re still snoozing, but I decided to take advantage of the quiet morning – took a shower, tried on more pre-pregnancy pants (they fit!), and decided to document our good night. I don’t know if all these details are interesting or not, but I figure the blog is as much for me to journal my experience as it is for you to share in it!
I hope you’re all having a good weekend.
4 comments:
Dear Amber, the wonderful descriptive blogging that you and Julian do is beneficial in at least 3 ways-- 1. journaling for your own self; 2. connecting with your loyal fan base (we certainly love it); and 3.if some of it is preserved for the kids it will be treasured by your children when they grow up. Rora is adorable and sweet. At the hospital, if a preemie doesn't eat long enough, they will give caffeine in tiny amounts... so maybe a trip to Starbucks? Love, Susanna
I was thinking I should go back and print out each blog post (with the photos and comments) and maybe put them in a book for backup... who knows how technology will change in the next 10 or 20 years. What will become of our blogs in the future!?
I hadn't started drinking coffee again because I was on a bunch of medication, but I weened myself from the codeine over the weekend and other than last night (when I suddenly felt like I'd been hit by a train), have been feeling pretty good! Maybe a little coffee now and then would go through me, get to her, and keep her awake!
I cant get in the darn Google calendar…but I want to bring you food! When are you available this week? Tomorrow? I can come in the early afternoon around lunch or so. Your call. Just let me know what her schedule is so that I don’t wake her up.
Amazing what three precious hours of sleep can do, isn't it? Congratulations to you both for bringing such a beautiful little person into the world. She is so sweet. Love the video. Reminds me of how funny it is when they are startled by their own hands. Does she stare at your forehead yet? Babies love hairlines. Love, Izzy
Post a Comment