And somehow our first night at home went great!
At the hospital, the nurses were just amazing. They were so attentive, making sure mommy and baby had everything we could possibly need to recover. Room service was nice – they had so many vegetarian options that I never ate the same thing twice.
Chuck was even more amazing, changing almost every diaper and keeping Aurora safe and happy so that I could take it easy. Here at home, he’s the one who has to be right next to her sleeping so that he can always hear her breath. And this morning he happily snuggled her while I showered and took some time to figure out how my body’s doing. The soreness is healing, and my milk’s already coming in – so now my tummy is small again and my breasts are getting even bigger!
Aurora certainly has her fussy moments (and hours), but she’s a really good girl. She cries a lot when gas bubbles get stuck in her belly, and when she’s gassy or trying to potty… I can only imagine that learning to digest is hard work!!! So we do everything we can to help her feel better and get some sleep too. She’s a sleepy baby right now, and we all slept pretty well last night, considering.
I know what you’re thinking… where are new pictures!? None today, but I’ll try to post pics as often as possible from here on out. Now that I’m not working for awhile, I will consider blogging my main “job”!
5 comments:
Another pool is being produced to see how long it'll take for you to get back to your pre baby weight sans the Breasts, those will always be the there for all to behold! LOVE YOU Amber Wadey, Aurora and Chuck.
How amazing is that?! I will never forget how overwhelmingly beautiful it was the first time they laid Connor on my chest...I STILL cry thinking about that moment. How amazing! Truly wonderful. Congrats to you guys...all three of you.
Andrew and I looked at the pictures last night....she is adorable. Andrew thinks she looks just like Chuck. It sounds like everything is going well. Can't wait to see more pictures!
Aurora is such a beautiful baby! I got teary looking through your photos - they told a wonderful Wadey family story. Can't wait to meet her!
Amber, she is soooo BEAUTIFUL!! I hope you are doing well. :)
Post a Comment