Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Showing off our full tummies

Today we had heart-shaped pizza and made Valentine's at work. The picture is of me and Helen, showing off how full we are after eating pizza (haha!). I wore the red shirt Katie gave me waaaay back on my birthday, which hasn't fit me until now, and got so many compliments on it!

After work I had yet another OB appointment. I'm seeing Dr. Belt every 2 weeks now, but this appointment seriously took less than 10 minutes. They weighed me (136), took a urine sample (normal), took my blood pressure (104/62), found her heart rate, and asked me the normal questions: Any unusual discharge? No. Swelling in the hands or feet? No. Are you feeling the baby move? Yes! Taking your prenatal vitamins? Yes. Okay great - see you in two weeks!

Actually, I asked Dr. Belt if she could feel my tummy and tell me what position the baby's in. Lately she's been putting a lot of pressure on my upper belly, and I think it feels like her head and butt sticking up and out (can babies defy gravity in the womb?). Dr. Belt said she was head down at my last ultrasound (11 weeks ago) and she thinks she's probably still head down and that her feet are sticking up and pushing on me. Hmmm... I'm not sure I'm convinced. I think I feel her kicking (or punching??) around my lower belly, and whatever's protruding out of my upper right-side feels bigger than a foot. I guess it could be her heel or knee. Our next ultrasound isn't for another month, so who knows?

You always hear women say that their baby kicks so much, it'll probably end up being a soccer player. I think if that's true, mine will enjoy doing yoga and gymnastics. She's not as much of a kicker as a tumbler and stretcher. I swear she does downward dogs in my belly!

The funniest thing that's been happening lately is that every time we eat out at a restaurant, we'll be waiting for our food and Chuck will say "I wonder if this will be our daughter's favorite restaurant?". The other day we were at a cute French restaurant, and I said "Chuck, I don't think this would be any baby's favorite restaurant," to which he responded "Not when she's a baby, but maybe when she's 30!"... what!? He said it again when we were at this little burger joint, and he said it so sincerely both times, like he was really thinking about it... I laughed so hard, but really I just can't believe he's thinking that far in advance. I have trouble thinking past my first days back after maternity leave!!!

3 comments:

Julian said...

Holy Cow Amber! You ate a ton of pizza...almost looks like you are pregnant or something.

Melanie Ostergard said...

You look great, Amber! You do pregnancy very well. I hope you're feeling as good as you look. It won't be long before she arrives, hard to believe, huh?

CMEH said...

OK so I just need to say here how absolutely adorable Chuck is! He is going to be the cutest dad ever!!!!