This weekend we went out to one of our biggest splurge dinners of all time. I had a free dinner for two that I've been saving from my 2nd place win in the LAF Progralympics, so it'll be reimbursed! We went to the Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant where we had cheese fondue, salads, savory fondue, and then (yum) chocolate peanut butter fondue. You would not believe how many other pregnant women we saw eating there.
This was to celebrate an early Valentine's Day (our last Valentine's Day without kids), and one of my favorite anniversary dates; the 4-years of normal life after chemo anniversary. Everybody remembers different anniversaries when it comes to a cancer diagnosis. We never really pegged down an actual diagnosis date (that was a process), and Chuck remembers his first surgery date when they removed the actual melanoma. I always remember the day when he went back to work, I went back to school, and things got "back to normal" (whatever that means!). I'm not sure what date the insurance companies use, but we're definitely approaching the magic 5-year mark.
Anyway, this weekend we hit 30 weeks pregnant. I've been going to prenatal yoga since week 20, so I've always been one of the girls in the 20's. The women in the teens are like newbies, and the ones in the 30's always seem so far along. Even when I was 28 weeks I thought the 30+ week women seemed far away... and now I'm there!!
Okay, I still may not look huge, but this tummy is growing everyday!
No comments:
Post a Comment