Thursday, February 28, 2008

Under Pressure

I was going to wait to blog tomorrow after my first baby shower, but today has just been a strange day. Since about 2pm I've had so much pressure in my tummy - the baby's pushing and bulging out like crazy. It kind of feels like she's growing faster than my tummy and she needs more room. It's not scary, but it's certainly not comfortable!! It also feels like I'm having more intense braxton hicks tonight. I actually left work early to take a walk with Chuck before our OB appointment, which was great, but didn't really help much.

This was our 32 week OB check. We'll be 33 weeks this Saturday, so we have about 7 weeks to go. Could be 4 weeks, could be 8... who knows?? In the last 2 weeks I've gained 2 pounds and 2 centimeters on the belly measurement. At the last appointment I was measuring 29, and this time I measured 31, so we may actually be measuring a little small, but Dr. Belt said we're within a normal range and she's growing the way she should be. Did you know that your tummy measurement (from the top of the uterus to the bottom) is supposed to match up with how many weeks along you are? How does that work!?!? Amazing.

Baby girl is moving a LOT these days, and according to the doppler her heart rate is fluxuating a lot too, which is a good thing. No sonogram today and no sonogram in 2 weeks... Dr. Belt thinks everything looks great doesn't want to give me another sono until 36-37 weeks to check her position, weight, and fluid levels. That feels like a long time away, but it'll be here before we know it...

No comments: