Sunday, April 15, 2012

peace * love * party


Well, I can't say Aurora's birthday went EXACTLY as planned. Shortly after our guests arrived for the outdoor party, the skies grew dark and it started raining. No, pouring. But we all found cover, brought a small part of the festivities indoors, and the weather cleared up in time for us to enjoy some outdoor activities as well. Luckily I had friends and family here to help clean and prep, as I was not feeling my best. But Aurora had a great time, and I think everybody else had fun, too!


As you can see, this was a very groovy party! Instead of cake we had brownie cupcakes that looked like little flower pots. After lunch, we headed out to the studio garage to tie-dye shirts and play outside.


Special thanks to Chuck & Nancy and also Bailey & Laura. I couldn't have pulled this off without them, and I think these little girls had a very happy day because of their hard work...


Happy Birthday to my sweet, gorgeous, awesome BIG girl Aurora. We love you!!!

6 comments:

Molly said...

What a great theme for a party! Nice pix. Happy Birthday Aurora.

Cheezhead Robin said...

Cool Party! We felt like we were at Aurora's party when we went to Dunkin Doughnuts for lunch, about the same time as Aurora's big bash. The quiet doughnut shop suddenly burst into a loud "party" with lots of parents & kids, LOL.

Glad you were able to keep the festivities going despite the downpour.

Did Aurora get an Ipad yet, LOL?

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AURORA! What a groovy birthday party!

Susanna Powers said...

How did the t-shirts come out? That seems a little ambitious. I hope you feel better & that Aurora has a very happy birthday week. Love, susanna

Amber said...

You're supposed to leave the t-shirts in a plastic bag until they dry, so I don't really know how they turned out! I was thinking at first we could hang them from the clothes lines to dry. I'll have to post a picture of Aurora's creation once it's ready...

I was just a little dizzy and tired, and the cough hasn't gone away completely. Been going full speed for awhile now and I have to remember to rest and stay hydrated! But, there's always so much to do - and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

Nancy said...

It was a fun birthday party and turned out well despite the rain. I am surprised by how good the t-shirts turned out.

Amber, I hope now you can slow down and rest. Remember, your body is taking care of two people. We want you and the baby to be healthy.