Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Sweet Valentine

Aurora's school does a great job preparing her for holidays.  On Friday, this was on the door of her classroom:

Melody's answer has to be my favorite.  During the car ride home that day, Aurora kept telling me that she loves me and she loves daddy too (don't worry - that was clearly just an oversight on the list).  She was thrilled when I bought her a heart-shaped French macaroon over the weekend...


And absolutely beside herself when she figured out Valentine's Day is actually a lot like Halloween.  She keeps telling me that she's 'hungry for candy' and that she loves sugar and butter (who doesn't?).  I had to include the photo above because I think it's so pretty, and I wanted to include the picture below because it reminds me of the one Julian posted of Lillie on his blog. What girl doesn't love to spread out her Valentine's loot the minute she gets home?


I'm a lucky girl too... Chuck brought me flowers, dinner, beer, and chocolate covered strawberries (yum!).  I was never a huge fan of this holiday, but now I think it might be my favorite 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, that's so nice that Aurora's school does that. Happy Valentine's Day!

Amber said...

Bernice and Mom, be on the look out for late Valentine's cards for us! I had ordered photos to go in our cards, and they didn't come on time but I delayed sending them, just in case. Oh well, I sent other photos instead and they'll just come a little late...

Cheezhead Robin said...

Glad to hear all the Wadeys enjoyed the day with their favorite people, gifts & edible munchies.

Amber - do you enjoy beer now?
I would have expected Chuck to bring some wine home, LOL.

Nancy said...

I love Valentine's Day--all those pretty hearts. I didn't get flowers or candy this year, but instead we went out to a very nice restaurant and had their Valentine special. They also gave me a pink carnation.