Saturday, January 23, 2010

Working out

This morning I decided to try out a toddler and mommy yoga class downtown. It ended up being a drop-off your toddler class, with a hip hop yoga option in another room for mommy! Aurora's never been okay with me dropping her off at the kid's zone at 24 Hour Fitness, but of course this was different... there would be an attentive teacher and fun activities. So, we gave it a shot. When I left Aurora, she was happily arranging yoga mats and playing with balloons.
I headed next door to do the fastest paced yoga class I've ever been to. The music was actually great, and I have to say it may be the best work out I've gotten in the last 2-1/2 years. I certainly worked up a sweat! When I went back to collect Aurora, she was amazingly happy.

Apparently she spent the first 20 minutes clinging to the nice front desk lady, but once she got into it she just loved it. She did downward dogs, hand stands with her feet on the wall, and all kinds of other things that I wish I could've taken pictures of! In the car afterwards she kept squealing and telling me that she likes yoga.

Then we headed to Kirby Lane for brunch with Daniela, Teresa and Brittany. I must say, Aurora seemed to have used ALL her positive energy at yoga and was a little tired and cranky afterwards. She perked up when we headed outside to see the huge teddy bear next door to the restaurant.

We bought 2 more class passes for separate mommy and toddler yoga, so we'll definitely be back to try it out again. I've been feeling a little too lazy lately and have wanted to get back into some kind of exercise routine, but it's hard to come up with something that will mesh with the whole working mom thing. I'm contemplating getting an exercise bike for the living room, so that I can sit on my butt and watch TV while exercising every night after Aurora goes to bed!

4 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...

Great that Aurora enjoys so many different activities!

Nancy said...

Sounds like this was a good experience for both of you. It would be great if you could fit it into your schedule on a regular basis.I guess you have to wait and see how the next classes go.

I've tried all kinds of yoga classes. At my age I like the slower, more gentle ones better but I can see how a face paced one may be right for you. I do yoga on my own each morning before work.

natalie said...

Which yoga place did you go to? It sounds like a blast!

Amber said...

Kula Yoga. It really was fun!