Saturday, January 16, 2010

Circus

I wasn't really sure if Aurora was old enough to appreciate the circus, but I've been hearing commercials every morning and figured it would be fun to give it a try. While Aurora could've just sat in our laps, they had a deal where kids seats were free with the purchase of an adult ticket, so she had her own seat (which she sat in for maybe 15 minutes before getting into our laps).
We had great seats, right up front, and the different acts kept Aurora's attention the whole time. From tigers and acrobats to clowns, jugglers, bikers, trapeze artists and more - Aurora pointed, reached out, said "YAY" and "WOW!" and clapped at all the right times. It was adorable.

During intermission we got to see the elephants right up close while people rode on their backs. Aurora really wanted to ride the elephant and I kind of wish we had, but I don't think she's big enough yet. She was sad when they had to leave the stage, but it was so exciting when they came back on to do their act! They were awesome, balancing and posing and interacting with each other. Very impressive - definitely the highlight of the show.

On the way home, Aurora kept talking about how happy she was, and saying "bye bye elephants." This was the Shriner's Circus, and I must say that behind the scenes they seemed a little disorganized. I know the Barnum & Bailey Show comes through town each year as well. Next time they're here we'll have to check them out!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

What a fun place to go! I love the circus. I'm amazed that Aurora enjoyed it so much. I guess there is always so much happening that it keeps one's attention, even a little child's. I'm glad you tried this out and I am sure you enjoyed it, too.

Nancy said...

P.S. Chuck looks like he's enjoying it, too. It's good for all of you to get away and have some fun.

Julian said...

Great pics...I really like the first one.

Cheezhead Robin said...

Glad ya'all enjoyed the circus! We love circus events, too. Terrific photos!

Anonymous said...

Aw, bye bye elephants...bye bye Joey. Aurora has a soft spot for animals...what a sweetie!