Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Busy week

Wow, this is such a busy week for me. I won't bore you with the details, but I will tell you that no matter how busy I get, I am incredibly grateful to have a job which allows me the work/life balance I need in order to succeed as a working mom. I love my job, and I love being home to capture sweet moments like these.



Aurora and I had Monday off and stayed home to read, color, and play. Just last week I mentioned looking forward to the day Aurora can read to me, and on Monday it happened! Aurora just picked up her book and started "reading" it. Clearly, it's a very simple board book which does not require the ability to read, but still - I was very impressed! Those of you who know the Wocket in my Pocket may also recognize that she's reciting a line from that book while trying to turn those pages as well.



Then today I grabbed the camera again, thinking I'd capture some video of her asking "What's that!? What is that!?" (over and over and over). Instead, she started running around and sang a pretty sweet rendition of "Rock-a-bye Teddy Bear."

So, as busy as this week has been (and will continue to be), I get to work at a job I enjoy, play with Aurora each evening, and watch the Bachelor or American Idol every night. I have no complaints!

4 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...

It's great that you have a job that allows work/life balance. It is rare today.
Sounds like Aurora is smart enough to get into an advanced learning school system?

Amber said...

Aurora is a very smart girl, but I'm pretty sure we're going to stick with daycare and public school :)

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed listening to Aurora reading - excellent reading skills!

Nancy said...

Such cute videos. I love them. Aurora is certainly a little chatterbox.