Not only haven't I blogged all week, but I really haven't taken any pictures of Aurora this week either. I mean, we went food shopping, she's had diaper rash, end of story. I guess I figured that meant I had nothing to blog about, but it's actually been a pretty interesting week.
On Tuesday we had Tom Wilson, Ziggy cartoonist and author of the book "zig-zagging," come to our office to talk about his book and his family's battle with cancer. It was so touching, and he's just a great guy.
I got a signed copy, which I'm almost done reading, and I'd definitely recommend it. If I'm being completely honest, this isn't the kind of book that I'd normally pick up. I'm more of a Pride and Prejudice/Twilight kind of girl. But having met Tom and hearing his story first hand, I'm really loving it.
Then today I got to head over to a sound lab to record my voice for an upcoming Team LIVESTRONG PSA. I actually organized a group of about 20 staff and volunteers to do the same thing, so whenever the animated spot actually comes out, it may or may not contain my voice.
Of course, one of the coolest things about my job isn't just that I get to participate in events like these, but I also get to document them via our official HQ twitter feed. If you're on twitter, you should follow me at www.twitter.com/livestronghq

2 comments:
I (Mom) just placed Zig Zagging on hold at the library. I'm looking forward to reading it. What a beautiful picture of you with Tom Wilson!
I'll have to check out Zig
zagging at the library. I may have to place a hold on it too.
Post a Comment