Thursday, April 23, 2009

Photo Shoot

Today JCPenney emailed the downloadable copies of our weekend photos. I go to JCP because they have a deal where I can get free sitting fees and portrait sheets for only $3.99 each. This time the "smilesbywire" was free too! I realize the pics may not be as good or creative as a professional photographer, but it's fast, convenient, cheap, and I think they do a pretty good job!

We actually ended up with the same photographer as my mom and I had last year when we had our Mother's Day shoot! This time she was pregnant. Must be that sweet baby Aurora made her want one of her own. Regardless, she had us pose the same way she had me and my mom pose last year for this one. I loved the version with my mom, and I kind of love this one too!

Aurora didn't love having to pose/smile on command, which I guess isn't a big surprise. She didn't really cooperate during the Thanksgiving photo shoot either. But she's so cute, it didn't even matter...

The first part of our sitting included the family, then we changed her into the beautiful dress that my Mom #3 (Katie's mom Donnell) made for Aurora. That's right, she sewed it herself! Perfect...

When we were at JCP looking at the full-sized pictures, we all agreed this was the cutest. It's just so Aurora. Amazingly, it seems she doesn't really need her wubby in her new big-girl classroom! Perhaps we'll be able to ween her of it soon. For now, I leave you with this...

6 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...

Great photos of a very happy family!

Grandma and Grandpa Slane said...

Aw, that dress is perfect! What cute pictures! What a cute family!

Nancy said...

Of course I love the pictures. I am so excited about getting the big framed picture with 4 of the poses you've shown here. I can't wait. I already have several people at work who want to see it.
Thank you for including me in the photo shoot.

Katie said...

Fantastic pics! I know my mom was thrilled that you loved the dress and she was so excited that it fits! What an adorable family...

Cheezhead Robin said...

Yes, the blue dress is particularly pretty on Aurora. And, Granny Nancy looks great in the photos, too. Nice that she was in Austin to participate.

Unknown said...

Adorable :)