Saturday, April 11, 2009

Check out those ears...

Yesterday I took Aurora to see the pediatrician. She hasn’t been sleeping well, but it looks like she’s actually just teething – her ears were clear. Dr. Sood wasn’t available so we ended up seeing Dr. Bennett, and Aurora really liked her. While she was examining her, she’d say things like “hello little ears!” in the sweetest voice. Recently Aurora has not liked the doctor, and this really did put her at ease.

This morning we headed over to the Austin Museum of Art Laguna Gloria for a special Easter celebration. As you can see below, Aurora’s first Easter included a visit with the Easter bunny, coloring (er, trying to eat crayons), silly bunny ears, and a train ride.

Amazingly, we ended up sitting next to her pediatrician from yesterday on the little train! She recognized Aurora right away, even remembered her name, and we ended up spending a lot of time chatting with her and her friends. It was the first of a LOT of socializing we did today.

After the holiday festivities we drove up to Round Rock for a first birthday party. One of my co-workers has a daughter named Sofia who’s just one week older than Aurora! I can’t remember the last time I saw so many babies outside of daycare, and they were all so cute. Aurora was the only little walker and she worked the room. She’d walk by the other babies and guests and just casually grab their toy/cup/food and keep going, dropping a cracker or sippy cup in its place. Such a funny girl.

She got a sweet pair of sunglasses in her goodie bag, and I think she's ready for her turn as the star birthday girl next.

That was the last of my picture taking, though it was not the last of our outings. After the party we trekked down to South Austin for a BBQ, which actually consisted of watching Chuck’s co-workers play basketball outside in the cold and rain. By the time we got home, we were all exhausted. Aurora went to bed early, and I may just follow her example.

6 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Slane said...

We're so glad to hear Aurora's ears are okay - so she's just teething - that's good. How fun that she got to do so many nice socializing events, and even saw the Easter Bunny! HAPPY EASTER!!!!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that Aurora's ears are clear. Sounds like you had a fun and busy day yesterday! What cute little bunny ears. Hope you have a wonderful Easter. Holidays make me sad we don't live closer.

Nancy said...

Happy Easter everyone! Sounds like you did a lot of Easter and birthday partying yesterday. What fun! If we lived close to you I would have made Aurora an Easter basket, but I think she's getting enough Easter goodies without my contribution. And next week end she gets all those birthday gifts. So glad I can be included on Easter happenings through pictures and stories on the blog. As always, great pictures.

My Easter treat is riding the Verde Canyon Railroad Train, 1st class, this afternoon. I won 2 tickets at the Chamber Mixer.

Amber said...

That's the one thing we didn't do - a basket with goodies and eggs. But I'm not sure she would've known what to do with hit all, and yes, she'll get PLENTY of goodies next weekend! We're looking forward to your visit, Grandma Nancy!

Cheezhead Robin said...

Awesome photos as usual. Really like the "hat", LOL!

We were in Naperville Saturday for our semi-annual dental cleanings & check ups, so got to visit with lots of friends from our hometown, including dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise!

Is Aurora planning any special enterainment like dances & songs to sing for her 1st Birthday Bash? Has Aurora prepared a menu with HER favorite foods?

Nancy said...

I made Zeland an Easter basket. It contained a soft bunny that was age appropriate, teething gel, a book with a bunny story and plastic eggs filled with cheerios. No candy.

I'm looking forward to my visit too. Just a few more days.