Friday, April 17, 2009

Fridge Art

I bet that's not what you expected my next blog to be called! It's true, Grandma Nancy came today and we're getting everything ready for Aurora's birthday party, but this I had to share. They moved her into the Bunnies room a day early, which is fine except that she came home EXHAUSTED, overtired and cranky. She did take a 1-1/2 hour nap (and it was on a little cot instead of in a crib!), but still. I guess they play hard in the Bunnies room.

They also do artwork! Yes, today we got Aurora's first art project sent home in her daycare bag. It's a cat, with yellow and blue crayon scribbled lightly in random places. We're assuming Aurora is only responsible for the crayon marks.

They also returned her old photo and name sign from way back when she was in the Lamb's room, which I thought might be nice to display with our new "artwork." Here ya have it!


The most amazing thing is that it looks like this will be a daily occurrence. The Bunnies have an entire Lesson Plan! Today's lesson plan included:

Song: "Head, Shoulders"
Language/Social Skill: Saying "Leaf"
Common Area: Laundry Basket Fun
Gross/Fine Motor: Slot Drop Can
Art: Blooming Tree
Sensory: Sand and Shovels

So... if today's art was "Blooming Tree," why did Aurora feel so inclined to draw a cat!?!?

3 comments:

Grandma Nancy said...

I really enjoyed seeing Aurora's school this afternoon. Amber picked me up at the airport and then we went straight to Aurora's school to pick her up. I am really impressed with the school. It is not just babysitting there. Babies of all ages are being given activities appropriate for their age levels that really help them learn and develop. Aurora seemed to be very happy but very tired. It was her first day in a new class which was faster paced. She was put there because the teachers thought she was ready for new challenges. She did fine today but all the new activities wore her out. I'm sure as she adjusts she won't be quite so tired.

Grandma and Grandpa Slane said...

Wow, Aurora is an excellent artist just like her dad and mom! Too cool! You really picked a great daycare center, and also a great daughter!

Cheezhead Robin said...

Perhaps Aurora was thinking about Tater?

Sounds like a really good daycare center, wise choice.

Glad to hear Granny Nancy made the trip safely despite the storms. Hope the rain stays away tomorrow.