Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bluebonnets

Apparently it’s mandatory here in Austin to take pictures of your kids (or dogs) out among the Texas wildflowers. In the springtime they line the highways and sprout up everywhere, which is really beautiful. Instead of pulling over on the side of the road to get a picture, Jennifer and I planned a lovely morning with Aurora and Larkin at the Wildflower Center.

Kim Barnett came along for some baby love and helped us take pictures, which was perfect.
After a nice walk we had lunch at the cafe. Both girls used these cool stick-on place mats. Rora was sure I'd let her order off the menu...
I'll admit, we picked up Aurora's place mat from chick-fil-a this morning when we bought her her very own breakfast kid's meal. At one point she was eating a big bite, and I asked "Is Aurora eating chicken or bread?" to which she very clearly answered "chicken." I'm not sure I really wanted "chicken" to be among her first words, but we had a nice day.

6 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Slane said...

Aurora said chicken? That's too funny! That first picture of you and Aurora is BEAUTIFUL!!! (Someone might like a copy of it - hint, hint.) What a nice day with nice friends - and the world's cutest babies!

Amber said...

I haven't printed pictures in a long time... perhaps it's about time for a snapfish order. Jennifer blogged her pictures too... check 'em out! http://babylongtobe.blogspot.com/2009/04/bluebonnets.html

Cheezhead Robin said...

Chicken sounds good. Aurora is already developing good food preferences.

KFC does sound good for lunch today, mmmmmmmm! We'll think of Aurora while we dine there, LOL!

Jennifer said...

Larkin and I had such a nice time with you and Aurora and Kim!

Nancy said...

"Chicken?" I hope Aurora adds a few more words to her vocabulary before I arrive. However, I would be glad just to hear "chicken" loud and clear.

I love the picture with the bluebonnets. Would love a print, too.

Susanna Powers said...

How about Chick-O-Stick? That's vegetarian, and I guarantee that Aurora would love it. We saw one of those shows that talks about how that product is made, (while we were on a business trip in Ohio last week) and have been craving it ever since. Today I ate one, and got one to bring home for Johnny. Beautiful pictures of beautiful girls. Love, Susanna