Monday, April 20, 2009

After party

As if throwing a party on Saturday wasn’t enough, we continued to celebrate all weekend long. Sunday we took Aurora for her 1st Birthday photo shoot (pics to come), then on to Red Robin for her free birthday lunch. I was so excited that even kiddos get a free meal from Red Robin on their birthday. Turns out kids always eat free at Red Robin! Aurora had chicken strips and cantaloupe, but it seems her favorite part was just dancing to the music…


Later that night we took advantage of the short time we had Grandma Nancy here by going out to dinner all by ourselves. We made reservations at uchi and boy did we splurge! Of course, the last time we actually went out to dinner alone together was last year on Father’s Day. We’ve had a couple of date nights since then, but one was a company party, the other was just a movie. We do go out and meet up for lunch now and then, but this was different… we just relaxed and celebrated surviving our first full year of parenthood.

Thanks for everything, Nancy! It looks like Teresa, Amelia, and Bailey will make sure we go on date nights regularly from now on.

7 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Slane said...

We loved that video! Aurora and Nancy both looked so sweet dancing! We're glad everyone had a nice birthday weekend. And...Aurora keeps getting cuter!

Cheezhead Robin said...

I think Aurora was just showing Granny Nancy how to enjoy life, kudos to Aurora!! Next time we see Nancy, we expect her to dance to some of Aurora's cool dance moves!! Glad Mom & Dad got to enjoy some quality bonding time together, too.

Nancy said...

Hey, Robin and John, I could do some cool dance moves in my time. I don't think I've lost the touch.

I am really amazed how quickly Aurora picks up the rhythm. Well both her parents are musical so what would you expect!

It was a pleasure babysitting Aurora. Wish I lived close so I could do it all the time. But it's great that you have several good friends ready to do it.

I miss Aurora very much. She is such a sweetheart. I had tears in my eyes when Chuck and I left her at "school" yesterday morning on the way to the airport. It helped a lot knowing that there would be another sweet baby grandchild to see and cuddle at the Phoenix airport.

Cheezhead Robin said...

Hey Nancy, At least you have a dance partner with Aurora since Steve doesn't dance. And, Aurora sounds like she's ready for karaoke with Amber, LOL! Aurora is growing up quickly!

Auntie Katie said...

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering what a vegetarian eats at a burger joint....:o) Looks like you all had a fabulous weekend. Happy B'day Rora and big hugs to everyone!

Amber said...

Uhm, veggie burgers!!!

Bailey said...

I call first babysitting night! Kreuzer is in, too (he's seen your TV)...