Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Treasures

It's always fun receiving treasure in the mail. In the weeks before and after Aurora's birth, we got packages and cards almost every day - it was insane, but so much fun. Lately our president has been generously sending treasures our way. Yesterday it was our stimulus check, and today we got Aurora's welcome letter.

As you may recall, we sent away for a baby welcome letter from the White House (as mentioned in this blog post) just after Rora was born. It arrived in a very nice envelope, with Aurora's name and address handwritten. The letter itself isn't customized (and I'm not convinced GWB or Laura actually signed it), but it's still cool!

We also got a really neat package from my friend Pam in California. Pam and I met in a physiology class together at Glendale Community College. She took me to get my first pedicure AND she treated me my first eyebrow wax. Yes, if it weren't for her I may still have wild eyebrows and icky toenails. I also babysat her kids, who are such sweet boys. I miss them! Anyway, they sent us a custom embroidered towel along with baby bubble bath! I put the towel in the guest bathroom (which will be Aurora's bathroom), and it matches the decor perfectly.

A couple of weeks ago, my brother's wife's parents sent us a silver sippy cup with Aurora's name and birthday beautifully engraved (along with a Blueberry-themed beach ball). Such unique custom gifts!!!

Thanks Carol & John, Pammi, and George W. Bush!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really nice to have all these mementos. I have been looking through boxes for pictures when the boys were babies and have come upon all kinds of interesting stuff that I had forgotten about. I am so glad to have these items and the great memories they bring. (cards, birth announcements, newspaper from the day of birth, hospital records, my journal, etc.)
Grandma Nancy

Susanna Powers said...

That is by far the sweetest and best thing ever done by the Bush administration! Aurora is a wonderful addition to the American story. love, susanna

Anonymous said...

Hey, how do you know George and Laura didn't sign it and that they don't read your blog, too? If they're lucky and they want to see the world's cutest baby, they do!

Alexis D. said...

I remember you talking about the birth announcement...went on-line to order one for our little Nate! Yea!