Saturday, July 12, 2008

Anniversaries

These last 12-weeks have gone by so quickly. But it’s not just the last few months that have flown by. Yesterday was my 2 year anniversary working for the Lance Armstrong Foundation, and today Chuck and I celebrate our 11 year wedding anniversary. Here we are on our wedding day - July 12, 1997 - only 19 and 20 years old!

Our wedding day

Today also marks exactly one year that I’ve been blogging, which means it’s been just about exactly a year since Aurora was conceived. And, it was a year ago today that I last cut my hair. That's a strange thing to remember (perhaps wierder that I’ve gone a year without a haircut), but I cut it pretty short last year on our anniversary, sort of on a whim. I decided that for Chuck’s anniversary gift I’d come home a different woman! This year I cut it on our anniversary again, but for a different reason. I needed a new look for going back to work on Monday. I’ve been wearing a pony tail everyday lately, and it was time to update my style.

Here's my before and after. I tried to do it like a makeover show: before the haircut, I’m boring and frumpy. Afterwards, I’m a hip, happy Momma!

Before After

Happy Anniversary sweetie! Every year gets better and better, and I can't imagine my life any other way.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to the "Purrrfect" Couple!

Congrats on your anniversary. You both have been a great team in organizing your careers, making the wise move to Austin, and now raising your own family. It sounds like the "Purrrfect" Parents have created the "Purrrrfect" Baby.

The Cheezheads

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! You look fantastic with your new haircut!! Can't wait to hug that baby in person.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the many many anniversaries! I can't believe you and Chuck have been so happy for long-- its wonderful! Pat and I are coming up on our two year in August. :) Oh and the haircut looks great- yep, very hip.

Jennifer said...

Love your new 'do! Look forward to seeing you at work tomorrow. -Jennifer

Anonymous said...

You two look so young in the wedding picture. So much has happened since then, mainly good though. We have so much to be thankful for. Happy Anniversary!!
Nancy

Daniela said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the new do, can't wait to see it in person :)