Earlier in the week we also went in to the Children’s Center of Austin to turn in Aurora’s paperwork. They invited us to come spend a couple hours in the “lambs” room together this week, just to become acquainted with the daycare environment. So, we did that this morning.There are 3 caregivers in her room; Cayte, Carol, and Celia. Together, they were watching 6 babies. Technically the ratio is 4:1, but some of the babies are M/W/F or T/Th, and the three “teachers” stagger their start, end, and lunchtimes (I just happened to be there during an hour when they were all together).
I gathered and labeled all of Aurora’s daycare supplies and we brought those with us this morning. These included: diapers, wipes, changes of clothes, bibs, two sheets and a mattress pad. They set up her crib while I was there and I put her in it, but she didn't seem to love it. Yikes!
Frozen breast milk is good for 3-4 months, and of course, I’ll continue to pump at work to replenish whatever supply we use. So, you may be wondering, how will we ever use all this milk?! Well, I'll be able to send her to daycare with a week's worth of frozen milk at a time, which is very convenient - and if she starts drinking more than 4 oz at each feeding, we have extra. In a couple of months when she starts eating solids, we can mix her oatmeal and rice with my milk instead of formula. That'll be nice.
But, starting Monday it's a whole new schedule and a whole new life as a working mom. I know it won't be easy, and the daycare providers will never take care of her like I would, but I'm hoping it will be a good experience for all of us.
8 comments:
my how time has flown! i cant wait to see you though!
Holy breast milk!!!! Good luck next week. I am sure things will go great!
Andrew looked at the picture of Aurora and said she looks like Charlie in a dress!
She does look like Charlie in a dress! Several of my friends just call her mini-Chuck :)
My is Aurora getting big! She looks so cute in dress and dress up shoes.
It's going to be a big adjustment for everyone having her in daycare. But I am sure it will work out just fine. She's a lucky little lady to have had all this time with her mommy.
Grandma Nancy
CUTE SHOES!
It's July 12, 2008 - Happy Anniversary, your first anniversary with little precious Aurora. I hope she got you an anniversary card!
As for the daycare - it looks like you picked a good one. It'll probably be harder on you than on Aurora.
Actually, those "shoes" are just socks! Marti & Toby sent them to us last week :) Too cute, huh?
It looks like you are giving the Wisconsin Dairyland serious competition, chuckle, chuckle. How long does a mother usually produce milk for a baby?
Cheezhead Robin
Post a Comment