Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ommmmmm...

Today Aurora and I went to our first postnatal yoga class at Yoga Yoga.

Yoga Yoga

Rora was by far the youngest baby there. Most were between 3 and 6 months old, and they were sitting up and interacting on a completely different level. But Aurora didn't fuss once and seemed to enjoy watching me do downward dogs and warrior poses. She didn’t mind getting picked up and swung around to songs like “Itsy Bitsy Spider,” and she ended up spending about half of the class napping on her blankie.

The teacher couldn’t believe I was feeling up to it after only a month, but since taking several long walks with my parents, I’ve been ready to get back into yoga, and it was an easy workout. We’ll be back next week!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Do you like postnatal yoga as much as you liked prenatal yoga? I can't thank you enough for getting me into prenatal yoga. I (heart) Alice!

Amber said...

Hmmm, the two are very different! Prenatal made me feel confident and prepared, and put me in a room with tons of pregnant women every week which normalized the experience for me. Postnatal makes it fun to be a mommy doing yoga, with lots of other moms and babies.

Of course, it's important to get back into shape after pregnancy, but you're a lot more focused on your baby and keeping her happy, and you're looking around at all the other cute babies! I think I'll try the Thursday class at Yoga Yoga NW to see if I like the instructor better. Not that I didn't like the instructor, but she was no Alice ;)