Thursday, May 1, 2008

2-weeks Tomorrow

Today we had Aurora’s 2-week pediatrician appointment. She weighed in at a whopping 7 pounds 8 ounces! We were told she should be back to her birth weight by 2-weeks, but she’s gained a full pound in the last week and a half! I guess our nursing is working after all.

I entered her stats into a baby percentile calculator, and she’s squarely in the 50th percentile. Totally average and perfect – I love it. The pediatrician said we need to start giving her vitamin drops to make sure she gets enough Vitamin D, so we stopped and picked those up. I also trimmed her nails when we got home, which she didn’t mind at all.

Oh, and Aurora got her first official pieces of mail – her Social Security Card AND her very own health insurance card! This morning I ordered copies of her birth certificate. She is now an official person. Next thing you know she’ll have her driver’s license and will be getting a job.

Yesterday we spent the afternoon at the LAF picnic. Rora let my co-workers and volunteers hold and adore her while I ate everything in sight and hugged my friends for an hour and a half. She was SUCH a good girl the whole time – no fussing at all until the very end, when she was just alerting me to the fact that it was time to go home and feed her. We were both totally exhausted when we got home, but it was a really nice day.



Tomorrow it'll be 2-weeks down... only a lifetime more to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you guys- looking forward to another visit soon!