Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother’s Day

First for me as a mom
First for Chuck’s mom as a grandma

A week long visit
Pedicures
Cards and gifts, calls and texts
Grocery shopping alone
Quiche and sweet potatoes
A long walk around Townlake
The sweetest baby girl
Gelato for dessert
Lots of pictures...



And a poem for all you mothers and daughters
(courtesy of a card Nancy sent me after Aurora was born)

Someday…

Someday, she’ll be a famous pianist
Or a high school science teacher.
She’ll settle down, marry, have a couple of kids.
Maybe she won’t.
Someday, she’ll help millions of people
All over the world.
Or maybe she’ll travel to Africa
Or phone you from Rome.
Someday, she’ll be a strong,
Confident woman…
But you’ll always remember
The first time
You held her in your arms.
Someday, she’ll have
Her own hopes and dreams,
Not knowing that once upon
A quiet time, you closed your eyes
And dreamed
To have her in your life.

5 comments:

~ bianca ~* said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Melanie Ostergard said...

Thank you for sharing that poem. I love it.

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you all had a great visit together, and you enjoyed your first Mom's Day.
How is Tater adjusting to the newest member of the family? When do your folks get to meet Aurora?
The Cheezheads

Jennifer said...

That poem just made me a little teary! Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

I just love the pictures. I could look at them again and again and I will plus I have a bunch more of mine and yours to look at.

It was a wonderful week and a wonderful Mother's Day.

I miss you all. Nancy