Sunday, February 22, 2015

Record Run

After a week of sitting, relaxing, walking, yoga, eating (a lot), and an easy elliptical workout, my legs were ready to get moving again. This morning I participated in a 5K fun run at Camp Mabry, and while the weather was a bit cold and wet, the family came out to help break a world record for most pennies collected for charity and watch their mama's triumphant return to running! Last weekend's race held a field of nearly 15,000 athletes and today... well, let's just say that if it was chip timed, I surely would've gotten first in my division. This was just over 300 people, mostly college students, and I was probably the 6th or 7th woman to cross the finish line with what I'm calling a personal record. I have no idea how fast I used to run in my 20's, but this was really fast for me!


Running around Camp Mabry was really neat as we passed vintage aircraft and military tanks along the winding, hilly route. The pennies collected were placed into the shape of Texas and all proceeds went to the LIVESTRONG Foundation.


Awesome! I shall now resume my regularly scheduled sitting, relaxing, and eating.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Congratulations on a great run for a great cause!

Cheezhead Robin said...


You are truly an inspiration for your kiddos. Love the last photo of you and Clarkie.