Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy NYE

We have most certainly had a happy New Years Eve. It started with an early morning trip to the airport. Nancy and Z headed back to AZ today, but not before spending a few more days of winter break in Austin. Zeland was a joy to have in our home. Every moment with him was an adventure, from figuring out what he'd actually eat to matching our activities with his energy level. Aurora will definitely miss her cousin (and her Grandma!).


We had a girl's day out today, painting and doing crafts before ringing in the New Year (at Noon) with silly pictures and noise makers. Then my parents came over for a pizza party and we had a 7pm NYE countdown with the kiddos, courtesy of Netflix and Madagascar (All Hail King Julien!). And well... that's about it. 2014 feels like a blur of dropping off and picking up, commuting, goal setting, reading, training, and squeezing in as much fun as we could while balancing two kids and two jobs. We didn't take any real vacations, but I took a month-long summer sabbatical and I like to think we took advantage of all the best this city has to offer. Clark and Aurora are both growing up too fast, though we're looking forward to the day when we don't have to pay for daycare anymore! We have a few more years to go until that happens... first, let's ring in 2015! My resolution is to run the Austin half marathon and continue running afterwards. Aurora wants to read 5 books per day (seriously, I had nothing to do with that one), Chuck wants to work on more personal projects and Clarkie wants to drink more chocolate milk. What are you looking forward to in the new year? Whatever it is, I hope you find joy in ever day. Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Happy New Year! It was great to spend it with you. And yes, Austin is definitely a duller place without Zeland. We look forward to seeing Grandma Nancy and Zeland the next time they visit.

Cheezhead Robin said...


Happy New Year to all the of the Wadey family. Looks like ya'all had a good time together, especially the cousins. Austin is a fun place to be for the holidays.

Since I was a "late arrival" baby, most of my cousins are about 10 years older than me, about John's age, LOL. So, I didn't have much in common with them as a little kid.

We enjoyed a Beach Bum Party at the local Rte. 20 Outhouse, which included a funky Caribbean style band and BUCKETS of rum drinks. We posted photos on my Facebook page.

Not sure what 2015 will bring, we hope we are able to refinance our home. We are also looking at potential places to relocate/retire, probably renting in a retirement community without all the hassles & expenses of home ownership.

We enjoy following Amber's blog to see what the younger generations are doing.

Kate MacKinnon said...

Happiest New Year wishes to the Wadey family. I have no doubt you'll meet your running goals, Amber.
I am looking forward to starting down a new path in my career, to living closer to family, and perhaps to begin the necessary steps to starting a family of my own.
Peace, joy, and smart choices wished for everyone in the new year.

Julian said...

Happy New Years! I think when I get to come visit we will have to do some serous matching of my energy levels to your daily routines too! LOL. You guys are go, go, go! Got to love King Julien...er, King Julian.