Sunday, September 7, 2014

Achievement

This weekend was completely packed with outings, parties and awards. I'm sure many people think it's silly how we reward kids for every little thing these days, but I love it. I love that Aurora got a "Certificate of Achievement" for making a birdhouse at the Home Depot kid's workshop. I love that Girl Scouts has started back up and she gets a badge every month for learning something new. This month they made a chore chart - what's not to love? I love that she got a prize for volunteering 5 hours over the summer at the Little Helping Hands end of summer picnic, and she loved telling people that her favorite volunteer activity was Meals on Wheels.


As for me, my greatest achievement was getting the family to all these events and a birthday party with very few meltdowns. While he's not in many pictures, Clark came along whenever he could and had a great time. He even got to hit the piƱata!

3 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...


Congrats to Aurora for all her achievements. Prizes can help motivate people. Love the bird house!

Ellen said...

Cute pictures! See you soon!

Nancy said...

And I thought I was busy. You people beat my by far.