Saturday, September 20, 2014
Marathon Relay
Today was my second time participating in the car2go Marathon Relay with Team LIVESTRONG. Once again I was team captain and once again I gathered 5 awesome women to run with me. A few highlights included having the sole of my shoe come halfway off just before my leg of the race and using yellow duct tape to keep it together; having our 5th runner show up about 3 minutes before her start time (serious excitement!); bringing Aurora and letting her color and play with the other kids and families while we all ran (she had a great time); and best of all was coming up on mile 4, so close to the finish line, and seeing my team, our girls, and my PARENTS cheering me on in the crowd!!! I did not expect them to come and it was awesome. Maybe the BEST part was handing off the baton when my 1/6 of the marathon was up.
My goal was to raise more money, train better and run faster than last year. We definitely raised more money, winning an award and lots of great incentives for being a top fundraising team. I feel like my training went better (though I didn't really start training until a few weeks ago) and my final time ended up being almost exactly the same as last year. A couple weeks ago I decided that I want to keep training even after this event is over, so next week I'm starting up a new training plan (more to come on that) and my next goal is to run in the Austin Half Marathon in February. WHAT!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










6 comments:
Sounds good. Glad you are thinking of running the Austin Half Marathon in February. I am hoping to run the 1/2 marathon in the Brian Mickelson event next Spring. Only time will tell if I can do it.
Looks like a good time by all and for a good cause. Congrats!!!
That's awesome Amber. I was just thinking about running the children's 1K for work. Your goals are much loftier than mine :-). Congrats!
Congrats on your Superwoman achievements! Looks like you are a wonderful inspiration to others. Nice photos.
Congrats on doing a great job organizing and participating in the race - we were proud to cheer you on!
Awesome Job Amber! I love the "warming up like a boss" photo!
Post a Comment