Sunday, May 18, 2014

Get Going

Friday was LIVESTRONG Day, which seemed like a pretty good reason to kick off my training and fundraising for the Marathon Relay. The event will be happening over my birthday weekend again, in just 4 short months. Honestly, I haven't ran at all since last year's relay and haven't had much motivation to get started. So, on Friday I decided to commit to one mile for each $10 donation, and ended up running/walking 7 miles this weekend! Of course, it's really hard to get out without the kids so I decided to make it a family effort. I did a 2-mile run on my own Friday night, then Saturday we took a trip to McKinney Falls State Park for a 2.5 mile hike.


It was our first time to this (very nearby) state park, and it was beautiful. Aurora loved collecting seashells by the water (we had to take a rest at the halfway point!). I carried Clark most of the way, which I'm considering a full body workout. Afterwards we took a 1/2 mile neighborhood walk to play with friends, and this morning we headed out bright and early for a 2-mile walk/jog around Lady Bird Lake. I actually got Clark to run! All in all, a very active weekend. I feel like I never stopped moving, and yes - I'm a little sore today. Thanks to those who donated, for giving me the motivation to get going! Now I just need to keep it up...

5 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...


Wow, you certainly have a lot of energy. Kudos. Nice example for the kiddos. Beautiful photos.

Susanna Powers said...

Hi Amber, nice photos in the blog post and I love the new photo at the upper right. love, susanna

Ellen said...

I love the new photo on the upper right, too!

Julian said...

Enjoy your SABBATICAL! No worries about your run, you've got this! The new background of you blog is snazzy, although I kind of miss the "links".

Nancy said...

Do you want or need another donation? Let me know and I will donate. I've been moving a lot too--swimming in the outdoor pool, walking, dancing. It keeps the weight off.