Monday, May 26, 2014

Exploring

This weekend was full of adventure. We didn't have much on the calendar so I decided we'd try geocaching. I really didn't know what to expect, but it's a strange and wonderful concept. There are hidden treasures all around, you just have to know where to look! We found our first in the trails behind the library, which wasn't too hard. The next was at a nearby cemetery. Both caches contained little toys and jewelry - so, we took a necklace, left a bracelet, signed the log book and moved on.


Aurora said geocaching was her new favorite activity in the whole world! Until our third attempt, which was unsuccessful. Oh well. Afterwards we headed to the Farmer's Market where we found another strange treasure; among the fruit and veggie stands was a weird little play area! The kids loved it.


Today we stayed home practically all day cleaning and organizing. We went through all the closets and brought a bunch of stuff to Goodwill, which was a productive (and relaxing) way to spend our extra day off. Then we went to a friend's house for dinner, which was tons of fun. Aurora and Clark LOVE playing with their friend Austin!


I also spent some time structuring my upcoming sabbatical. This will be a busy week at work, but it's really just a few days before Aurora and I take a whole month off to explore and go on all kinds of adventures together! I told Chuck we probably shouldn't geocache without him, but he assured me that I'd do just fine without his skills, as long as I don't have to focus on Clark's high maintenance lack of skills. We'll see...

5 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...


One of our local TV weather dudes leads some local geo-caching programs, sounds interesting. Nice photos of your most recent adventures. My childhood was very boring by comparison, LOL. Kudos for your ability to find such interesting things to do with the kiddos.

Julian said...

We've done some geo-caching too. The one that ruined us was at a park where the treasure was literately in the middle of the river...tied to a log. I think it would be great to create a geo-cashe so you could check the log and treasures left behind by others. Good luck!

Ellen said...

Very interesting!

Nancy said...

What's geo-caching? Sounds like people put things in odd places and you have to look for them. Do you have a treasure map?
Interesting, I have a friend Austin, too. We met on our way to Austin in April when our plane was delayed for 2 hours. He has a daughter who lives in the place where we saw the Christmas lights, Lake? We've been dating but he lives in the Phoenix area so it's a problem at times.

Amber said...

Whao... a love connection with a man named Austin on your way to Austin? Sounds like his daughter lives in Lakeway. Maybe one day we'll meet her!