Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Kindergarten Circus

Today was another big thing that I hadn't realized would be such a big thing - the Kindergarten Circus! This has been happening at Valley View Elementary for 28 years, and one of the teachers who has been involved since the beginning is retiring, which made for an emotional day for the teachers. It was very touching, and pretty hilarious!


The kids got to choose their roles, and while most of her friends went for things like tightrope walkers, gymnasts, animals, magicians and trapeze artists, she wanted to be a clown! Aurora's job was to pop balloons on stage. I should've taken video, but she's the one jumping in this photo:


I actually did take a short video of the grand finale, which included the whole group on stage singing circus songs together. I'm not going to post it here, but I will tell you that next week they'll be selling DVD's of the whole performance. I might have to buy a copy.


Here's Aurora with her teacher, Mrs. Parolini. It's Teacher Appreciation Week, and I must say that after spending just a few hours helping and watching the kids this morning, she deserves ALL the appreciation. She is so calm and gentle with the students, even when... well, when it feels like a circus, which is probably most of the time!


All the kids helped with decorations (Aurora made the elephant pictured) and they put so much time and effort into their performances. It's hard to believe Kindergarten is coming to an end! Just 3 short weeks before summer, and what an adventure it's been.

3 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...


Awesome photos! Looks like Aurora has overcome her fear of clowns by being a clown, LOL.

Ellen said...

Mrs. Parolini really is the most wonderful teacher Aurora could have gotten. The circus sounds amazing!

Nancy said...

Aurora is so cute as a clown.