This week Clark has been reaching some pretty impressive milestones. He's zooming around using anything and everything as a walker, he can stand up and balance, and today he actually took 3 steps unaided!!! Yup, our little guy is on the move and it won't be long before he's walking.
He also used a sippy cup for the first time today, and I decided to take his little seat out of the bathtub so he can have a bit more freedom. His first birthday is quickly approaching and he's getting ready to be a big one year old toddler. Chuck's birthday is also coming up, and mine isn't far behind.
I wouldn't normally be mentioning my birthday at this point, but I set a special goal to mark the occasion. I'm going to run in a Marathon Relay, and I'm donating my birthday to LIVESTRONG in honor of having just hit 7-years as an employee and approaching 37-years as a person. In preparation, I got a new pair of shoes (I actually won them at work!) and I've started a running/walking program called Couch to 5K. I'm not training when it's over 100 degrees, but I've gone out for a few sessions and it's been really great to have some quiet time to focus on myself after the kids go to bed.
Yesterday was also our 16th wedding anniversary. That's such a ridiculously big number that it doesn't even seem like it can be real. Especially considering... I just don't feel that old! But, the years keep moving forward, and along with it - we keep on moving, walking, and running forward ourselves.



2 comments:
Nice reflections on your lives today as you all reach some milestones, especially the kiddos. Reminds me of some words from a song from Fiddler on the Roof. "I don't remember getting older, when did they."
Of course, many of us Baby Boomers don't get older, we still think of ourselves as young, LOL.
Happy 16th Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary Amber and Chuck. Congrats! Good for moving. I've heard that the C25K programs are very good.
Post a Comment