Saturday we headed to the library for Nature Storytime. We'd just been talking about how the leaves were changing on the trees in our yard, and that just happened to be the theme! After a story, Aurora made leaf rubbings on her collection bag and we headed out to find different color trees and leaves.
Clark enjoyed the whole experience more than I expected. Lately he's been paying more attention to his surroundings and he wants see everything. Suddenly he's very easily distracted when eating, and he's starting to use his hands a little, which is so cool. I think he was a little jealous when he saw his big sister climbing way up in the trees during one of our (several) playdates this weekend.
And the weekend isn't over yet! Aurora's going to a yet another birthday party this afternoon. I'm sending Chuck to take her, which means she gets lots of energy out, while I work on getting us ready for the busy week ahead. I might also work on getting a few more presents under that tree.





5 comments:
Some really cool activities. I always loved decorating the Christmas trees plus setting up the little village scene & Manger display under the tree when I was a kid. Fall has always been my favorite season, love watching the colored leaves.
That picture of Aurora doing leaf rubbings with Clark is just precious!
Looks like you have had nice Fall weather. It must be hard to think about Christmas.
I am so proud of myself. I put up our artificial tree by myself for the first time since we've had it (about 7 years). Yesterday I decorated it and I think it looks better than ever before.
I put our tree up and we had it all decorated before Chuck even woke up! Sorry we're going to miss seeing your tree this year, Nancy.
It's true about the weather... I keep thinking we need to go see Santa, but can't even imagine getting the kids into winter clothes. And who gets pictures with Santa while wearing flip flops?
Sounds like Florida temps, LOL, which your parents would love. Our temps have been delightful, too, at upper 50s low 60s. Hope it continues! Would love a winter without snow.
Post a Comment