I've never been a TGIF kind of person. I love my job and find happiness in every day, so why should the weekend be any better? Well, suddenly weekends are better. It has nothing to do with work - I'm so busy that the days fly by, and even with all the changes lately I'm enjoying it as much as ever. Honestly, it's the sleep. Ever since Clark started daycare, he just can't get in the groove and Monday through Thursday he's waking up multiple times to nurse, snuggle, and poop. I only mention the pooping because he just had his first diaper rash so I've had to be extra diligent about changing those diapers, even in the middle of the night. By Friday I am exhausted, but once he's back with me all day his night sleep returns to normal. Last night he slept 9 hours straight, no problem. They do a fine job at daycare, but I'm sure I'm much more attentive about structuring his days and meeting his needs for food, play, and quiet time. Of course, even when I'm exhausted I want to continue doing at least some of the fun things with Aurora that we've always done, so weekends tend to be exhausting as well.
Yesterday we headed down to Southpark Meadows for a karaoke 5K. Aurora and I practiced singing into our toy mics, then she and daddy went to the playground while Clark and I did some power walking. The weather was just gorgeous and we all had so much fun.
Afterwards we had brunch at the Cracker Barrel (a family favorite) and spent the afternoon playing outside at home. This morning we kicked off the day with a birthday party at Hoppin' House!
Who doesn't love bouncing and eating cake? From there we went to the Galleria with our neighbors to do a little walking and shopping, but I have to admit, I was starting to fade. Dinner, bedtime routine, blogging and now I'm off to bed. One thing about being exhausted all the time... it's caused me to have a much earlier bedtime than I've ever had before. I'm usually asleep by 9pm these days, just hoping for 3-4 hours uninterrupted. Eventually he'll start sleeping through the night again on weekdays. Until then... I'm thankful for Fridays off, and even more thankful that this will be a 2-day work week.
3 comments:
Hopefully Clark will start sleeping through the night again soon. That's such a cute picture with Aurora from the Karaoke 5K!
Love the photo of the dog with speakers, LOL. Not sure how Joey would feel about carrying them on his back.
Sounds like the Wadey Kidos are already getting into the Karaoke scene at very young ages, LOL.
It takes a lot of energy to do all that you are doing. Hopefully Clark will get easier as he gets older and you have more time to sleep without interruption.
Post a Comment