"Today inbetween all the real estate stuff we went to Fairchild Gardens for the Ramble. The Ramble is the annual fair where they have food vendors, plant vendors, antiques, books, and art for sale. I went for the first time as a teenager and I always love it. Our membership to Fairchild ends November 30th and we may very well not get back again, so we went all over Fairchild - to the place we got married, the place were we went on one of our first dates, and a place I hadn't been to in a while that now has a really cool wish tree by Yoko Ono! People write wishes on little pieces of paper and hang them with string. The wishes say all kinds of things, including "I wish I find someone to love and marry and have a happy life," and "I wish my uncle could get out of jail." So I did one and hung it up, and Dad took some pictures of it and the wish tree place with my cell phone. So here are some pictures."
And last weekend: "We went to Temple Beth Am and saw the Prof. Bob Sandler Reading Corner. It's all done except for some signs that will eventually be made into plaques. It was beautiful and touching."
Next week would've been Grandpa's birthday, and we're coming up on 2 years since his passing. He lived such a good life, and I'm glad my parents were there during the past decade, spending time with him and giving me and my brother an excuse to visit often. I also share in the hope that my parents have a good life here in Austin, TX with their grandchildren.


5 comments:
Wow, selling a house within one day, awesome! Your folks sound very anxious to join the Austin Wadeys, hope all continues to go well. Looks like you may have a very special Christmas to celebrate in Austin.
I think you will need an even larger car now for traveling around with the whole family, including Joey, LOL!
What a beautiful post. We'll see you soon!
what a lovely post. Thank you. Living near family is the best !
Great that the Slanes have been able to visit some family historical spots before they leave Florida.
Moving can be such a hassle. My best wises to them as they go through this process again.
Post a Comment