The sonogram also gave us a detailed look at fingers, toes, a cute profile, strong heartbeat, and uhm... potentially the gender! Halfway through the session I mentioned that I wished we would've recorded it for Chuck (I brought my friend Laura, since Chuck wasn't sure he could get out of work). So, we started recording and the next thing I knew we were checking out the bottom area. I asked if she could see any hints at gender, and she said that normally you can't really say until 14 weeks or later (and they usually don't even look until 20 weeks), but we were measuring over 13 weeks and she thought she could tell. I said I wanted to hear her best guess, so she took a closer look and uhm... check out the video:
Yup, those certainly do look like boy parts! The sonographer said she's 90% sure it's a boy. Then my doctor said I probably shouldn't tell people yet. Pshhhh!!! I would be very happy if she was wrong and we got another girl, but I think we should probably start getting used the idea of a boy...

8 comments:
Aw, what a cute baby! How wonderful that everything is fine. A little boy would be exciting, but another little Wadey girl would be a great addition to the world, no doubt. (Honestly, I don't know how they do it - I can't see any "parts" - just a sweet little baby that's already loved.)
Dear Baby Wadey: If you are a boy, we will have a lot of fun together, I'm better with boy stuff anyways. But if you're a girl, your mom is a pro. You'll be all set either way.
I'm with everyone else who can't see the "boy parts." I'll take your and the sonogramists word that you can tell. I will be delighted with either sex. Only time will tell.
Glad all is going well with the baby. Hope you are soon feeling more energetic.
Hope you feel better as you go through the birth process. Helps me to see what my mom did for me when I was a surprise baby for her at age 45. She had to have a c-section for my birth.
I suppose being a parent would be different with a boy vs. a girl. But I am sure that the Puuuurfffect parents will do well with either.
Boys are awesome!!!!!! Eeek! I am so excited for you!
The heart beat rate is also a good determiner low heart beat rate is usually a boy & girls are very high in count 142-162 & up
The heartbeat was 153, but... until they tell me differently (which would be about 2-months from now when we get our next ultrasound), I'm referring to him as Little Brother!
I don't know if you can necessarily tell from the heart rate. Cal's heartbeat was always on the high side, especially this early on. It starts to slow down as they get bigger. I'm rooting for Baby Boy Wadey...boys are awesome!!
Post a Comment