Friday, January 20, 2012

Beautiful

I don't usually blog about the weather, but these last couple weeks have been in the mid-70's here in Austin. I know my family and friends up north are snowed in right now - and I do have this inclination to wear boots and scarves since it is indeed January, but this is really just perfect. I'm not sure if we'll still have a cold snap, if spring will be extra stormy, or if this will be the hottest and driest summer in Austin's history - so I guess we just have to enjoy the beautiful weather while it lasts. Yesterday we had dinner with Bailey at Hat Creek Burger, which has the best outdoor play area.


I'm hoping to feel good enough for some nice walks and playtime this weekend, as opposed to all the tired lounging I did last week, but I mean... my body's working hard right now! Luckily, even on the nicest days Aurora doesn't mind staying in. She loves doing art projects and we recently got her a new art table with lots of bins to keep all her supplies in. Here are a couple of pieces she's created in the past few weeks. She's got a definite style right now - happy people with ribbon belts! She loves using scissors, tape, paint, markers and ribbon, then displaying her beautiful pieces on the wall. A true artist.


Maybe we'll stay in, lay around, do some art, and THEN get out to enjoy the lovely weather this weekend.... we'll see. PS: Happy Belated Birthday to my beautiful Mom & Sister-in-Law Maren!!!

3 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...

Art talent & interest, just like her creative Daddy!

70's sound delightful, it's been in the single digits here, plus another 2 1/2 inches of snow, BRRRRRRR!

Nancy said...

We can never have too many artists in the family. Love Aurora's art.

I can't complain about our weather. It has been about normal for this time of year, cool but no snow. I walk usually around noon when the sun is out and I only need a light jacket or sweater.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Happy people with ribbon belts - that's great! Enjoy the nice weather.