Thursday, January 12, 2012

Best day ever!

Whenever we have a really fun day, Aurora likes to tell me that it was the best day ever. Chuck E Cheese was one of those occasions, as was our evening at the library earlier this week for craft night.


I'm not as quick to call a day the best ever, but yesterday... yesterday really was the best day ever. I'd already arranged for Miss Brittany to take Aurora home, so we dropped her off and carpooled in to work. I snuck out early and went to see Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in the theater (loved it), before heading out with Chuck to my 5-year appreciation dinner at Z'Tejas. Just a few of us hit 5-years of service in 2011, and it was pretty great to get out and celebrate the milestone.


Today was a good day too, but wow am I tired. Looking forward to what we can only hope will be the best 3-day weekend ever ;)

6 comments:

Nancy said...

It's great having a good day every once in a while. I feel good today because I'm finally getting over some really bad hoarseness (cold?) I've had these last 3 days. I could barely talk. And yesterday I got my car back from the shop where it had been for two days for a front end repair job (the boss's wife hit me in the parking lot).

Nancy said...

Amber, hope you can get some good rest during this 3 day week end. Wish I could help you watch
Aurora.

Cheezhead Robin said...

Congrats on your 5 year anniversary at work! You are a real asset to the organization.

carol said...

I'm really glad to hear about your 'best day ever' - five years, you deserve it ! I also had a pretty good day yesterday - I attended the birthday party of the oldest resident in this building - Rhoda turned 107 ! The room was packed + a good time was had by all - she is in the fitness room twice a day + plays bridge and canasta, sharp as a tack. Later I went to a talk on Northern Renaissance art - it was great - the woman who spoke is a sculptor and she is so energetic I should ask her what her secret is….she started her own company, Art Matters, very creative…I love that photo of Aurora drawing and of course the hat !

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 5 years and having the best day ever! You look great! We had a nice day yesterday which included eating at Chick-fil-A (though we didn't get to see the cow - that would have bumped it up a notch!)

Susanna Powers said...

That's a good feeling, to have the best day ever. and to have it frequently, how wonderful! love, susanna