Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Library

Lately it has been too hot to take walks, too hot to go to the park, and too boring to go straight home after work and school. So, at least once a week we've been going to the library.

To me, the funniest thing is always what Aurora says when we first walk in. I mean, until we get back to the kid's area, we're supposed to be quiet, but as soon as we walk in the door Aurora says something silly like "Ooooh, it's cold in here!". Once she said "The lie-berry is not scary, the lie-berry is FUN!". Everybody whole heartedly agreed with that statement. Anyway, our library has a great kid's area and she just loves it.

I've decided to start borrowing kid's movies from the library, too. Aurora's been asking for Shrek and Buzz & Woody lately, and I think she might be ready for some classics like Mary Poppins and the Wizard of Oz. We also like to check out CD's and do puzzles. But, mostly she's into the books. She loves reading at school, at home, in the car, anywhere really. A few weekends ago I tried taking her to see some live kid's music, and she insisted on reading the whole time...

Ahhh well, I tried! Guess we'll just have to stick with the library.

6 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...

Aurora is so smart & very focused.

I think Daddy & Mommy should create a comic book or strip about "raising a little girl in Austin".(I'm sure you can come up with a better title, LOL.) It would be a fun way for new or expecting parents to learn more about real parenting. After all, you folks seem to be the "purrfect parents", kudos! And, the Baby Blog already has all your notes & photos.

Anonymous said...

I like the lie-berry, too. It's so cute that Aurora is ducking to go through the kid's area door.

Nancy said...

Glad Aurora likes to "read." There's a direct correlation to how much a child reads and how well he/she does in school. The more reading, the better the student.

I like libraries too. I've taken Zeland to the both the Peoria and Cottonwood libraries. Both have great children's areas. Z loves the puppets and fire trucks at the Cottonwood library. Books too.

Bailey said...

I love that you back up the "insisting on reading during live music" statement with photographic proof. I love that girl.

Julian said...

Yeah, I don't think that band will be using this photo for their advertizment! But I like it!

Unknown said...

We LOVE the Lie-berry too! Its about the only thing to do in this hot weather.