Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Favorite Fish

One of my favorite things to do is to ask Aurora about her favorite part of the day. Of course, I love when she says spending time with her mommy, but when I pick her up from school she almost always answers "FRIENDS!"


It's amazing to think that Aurora's been with the same sweet kids since she was just a few months old. This month they're moving up a class, and it looks like the core group will be staying together. Apparently Seth is sort of obsessed with Aurora right now - all he says all day is "Rora" this and "Rora" that - his mom told me that it continues into the evening and sometimes he even calls HER Rora!


Today I decided to take a couple of pictures of Aurora's best friends in the Fish, soon to be Zebra class. Sometimes when I go to pick her up, I ask if she's ready to go and she says "NO!" and frantically plays as much possible while I gather her things.


My favorite part of the day might be seeing the smile on her face the first time she notices I've walked in the room. Or, it might be getting notes and hearing stories about the day from her teachers. This one really cracked me up... Robin left this on her art project last week. It was written with such pride! If I'm being totally honest, instead of just laughing when I read it, I'm pretty sure I said something like "Yeah, we've been practicing with stickers at home. Aurora's pretty creative."


4 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...

Do they have a penguin level class? I know she already experienced the duck class, LOL.

Anonymous said...

It's great you've found such a good daycare - what a great start for Aurora and all her friends!

Nancy said...

Is there a "dogs" and/or "cats" class?

It's good that Aurora is so happy in her school and class. I'm sure she learns a lot there and has great fun with her friends.

Kris O said...

Gee I wonder where she got the creativity? Hmmm, I some how remember sitting in Art class with, oh yeah both you and Chuck. I see it is going to run in the family.