Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Splits

Making the split from the Fish room to the Zebras was actually a bigger change than I expected. The kids don't bring sippy cups anymore, they use real cups! We no longer get daily reports telling us what they did, now we get a weekly schedule telling us what they'll be learning. Instead of just doing art projects, Aurora's starting to do worksheets, tracing letters and numbers and matching. And possibly the biggest change is that they're going out to the big playground instead of the baby playground!

She's definitely happy and loves her friends and teachers, but it's been an adjustment. She's been extremely energetic and emotional in the evenings, which I think is a result of being overtired.

Back to school has affected more than just Aurora's schedule. Our light summer traffic is gone and my week has been completely absorbed with getting our new fall interns lined up. Soon the days will be getting shorter, the weather will be getting cooler, and another year will come to an end! But, I'm getting ahead of myself. I called this post the splits, and I meant it...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The big playground? Worksheets? Holy Moly, Aurora's growing up - and look how long her hair is getting! It's just like her mama's was at that age.

Susanna Powers said...

Change can be hard at any age, but unless I've gone through a time travel, she's only 2 years old!! Holy Moly indeed!! love, susanna

Cheezhead Robin said...

Somehow I think Aurora might be bored when she is ready to attend regular school. She is soooo advanced!

Nancy said...

To be young again and able to do the splits! I think I was able to do them once upon a time--about 60 years ago. Now the only splitting I do is in my pants seams.


Aurora looks so cute. Wow,what a schedule she has at "school" now. She'll be ready for college by the time she's 13.