Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lounging Around

Today Chuck took the WHOLE day off to hang out with us girls. First, we took him to get a haircut. I've been the only one to cut his hair since he was in the Marines, but just haven't had time lately... having somebody else do it was so fast and easy! Then we grabbed lunch at Hang Town Grill, where Aurora had french fries and fruit. She's really becoming a good eater - not too much ended up on the floor at all. Next we headed to a club downtown called Qua, where every Saturday afternoon they have what's called "Little Lounge Lizards" - basically, it's a dance party for the kiddos complete with dim lights, a DJ, and a shark tank dance floor.

It was crazy! I heard about it and won us free tickets thanks to a weekly email I get from Baby Scoop Austin. There were probably 5 birthday parties going on there, and the place was packed with kids dancing and parents drinking.

After the dance party, we did a total 180 and headed to a park we just found out about down the street from our house. How did we just find out about it, you ask? Well, Chuck just got an iPhone, and while he was playing around with the feature that locates you, he scrolled around the map of our neighborhood and found this huge waterfront park called Commons Ford Ranch. It's really nice! There's hiking, boating, picnicking, and today there were even a couple of people fishing. And it's less than a mile from our house! Aurora loved it. I think she prefers the great outdoors to the bustling party scene...

Chuck & I just ordered pizza and will be watching a movie tonight. He says tomorrow he'll spend the day working and I know Aurora and I will have a lot of chores to do. We sure did enjoy lounging around as a family today though!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We like the outside park better, too, Aurora, though those french fries sound good! Nice wave!

Unknown said...

Shark Tank dance floor...creepy!

Nancy said...

Sounds like a fun day. And Aurora had a lot of new experiences! You found a new park? Good. One more new place for us to see when we visit you. I'm thinking maybe we can make a trip in late April or early May. How does that work in your schedule? We'd love to be with you all for Aurora's 1st birthday, but I'm not sure that will work out. More later. We have to make it through Costa Rica and Las Vegas first.

Cheezhead Robin said...

Kudos for getting Aurora into the bar scene before she's even one year old! I drank my first beer when I was 3.

Do you think Aurora is ready for karaoke yet, LOL?