Aurora's starting to hate going to the doctor. I think she's just remembering the needles - vaccinations and blood draws - but now she even cries when they're listening to her heart or looking in her ears. In fact, this time she cried when I placed her on the scale! Speaking of the scale, I'm pleased to report that she's almost 20 lbs now. I knew she'd been going through a growth spurt this last week or so because she's been waking up hungry at midnight (normally she sleeps through the night no problem). Such a big girl.
She also has a lot of tooth action going on. Rora currently has 5 teeth, and the pediatrician said she could tell that more are getting ready to poke through. While I haven't been consistent, I have started letting Aurora brush her teeth. The other night she actually slept with her toothbrush in her crib - she wouldn't let me to take it away!
Here's hoping the third time is a charm.
6 comments:
Aurora!!!!! I love that picture of you! So sorry to hear you still have that pesky ear infection. Well, it'll be gone soon, I bet. And it's okay if you feel like crying at the doctor's office - so do I! (I hope the doctor was impressed that you're walking already.)
Could you go see an ENT for that ear infection? I know my dad takes care of those all the time...
If this round of antibiotics doesn't work, that's a good next step. I guess we caught it really late, or maybe Aurora is so strong she just fights off the antibiotics! I wish the doc could've just prescribed an ear drop or something...
Hansen was 11 months old when he got his first set of ear tubes...made all the differece in the world. He started talking because he could finally hear. It was such a positive difference for his life. We would have pushed for them sooner rather than being scared of them if we had only known. Good luck with these ear infections...and I agree with Bianca, head to an ENT.
Here is another vote for an ENT visit. I used to get a lot of ear infections when I was little. Since then, I only had one infection as an adult where an ENT solved the problem ASAP. Same great quick results for my mom when she visited an ENT for an ear infection.
Aurora certainly has grown. I can see it in all the pictures. I haven't looked at any for 10 days but since being back from our trip and trying to "catch up" I can see a real difference in her size. She looks more like a toddler and less like a baby.
Post a Comment