24 Hour Fitness has a Kid’s Club that takes kiddos over 6-months old, and when I was pregnant I imagined I’d be dropping her off all the time! Four months ago I didn’t think Aurora was ready, and it turns out that now, at 10-months old, Aurora’s still not ready. At first she just sat and watched what was going on. I took a quick picture just before leaving her, and I was fairly certain she’d be playing and having a good time in no time…
Nope. At daycare they’ve told me that Aurora’s wary of strangers and just gets attached to her main teachers. I guess it’s no surprise that she didn’t like being left with the Kid’s Club staff. There were older kids running around all over the place, and after the 1-year old in the photo left, Aurora was by far the youngest one there and was probably a little scared. They came and got me halfway through my yoga class, and even I couldn't console her. She cried all the way out of the gym, into the car, until we started driving. Then suddenly she started making happy noises again, and had a fine afternoon!I don’t know what I was really expecting. Aurora is usually happy and playful. She's going through this really cute phase where she likes to grab a book and sit herself in my lap, then help turn the pages as I read. Her afternoon daycare teacher told me she did that at daycare the other day too and she’d never had a baby do that before!
No, I didn’t expect she’d do that at 24 Hour Fitness, but I did hope she’d find something fun to distract her for a good hour and a half. Oh well… I do think we’ll try again in a few weeks. It felt good to workout again.
5 comments:
I'm sure she'll get used to some of the regulars at kid's club soon. Maybe she just wasn't feeling all that great and next time will be easier.
Sounds like she missed her mommy. love, susanna
Aw, poor Aurora! She just said, nope, my world is just fine just the way it is, and what the heck am I doing here? Maybe she'll like it a little better next time...That's a cute picture of her reading.
Yes, I remember being intimidated by older kids when I was really young. It won't be long before she gets to be one of the older attendees at the rate she is growing, LOL!
I think Aurora is developing a strong personality & a love for reading, just like her Mom.
Sometimes new experiences take a little time to adjust to. Hopefully you can try it again soon.
Post a Comment