Sunday, February 15, 2009

First Steps

Just three days shy of her 10-month birthday, and Aurora is well on her way to walking. Check out her first steps caught on tape:


I didn’t mean for the end to be so dramatic!

Along with increased mobility, she’s also becoming more and more curious about her surroundings. Of course, along with this increased curiosity comes an increase in injuries! On Friday she got her finger stuck in the foot pedal on the trash bin while Chuck was watching her, then tried closing her finger in the entertainment center door under my watch. Her fingers are all intact, which is more than I can say for her cute little nose! She was cruising around a stack of books at Barnes & Noble yesterday and had a pretty good wipe out, which not only made her bleed, but left a bigger mark and scab than I expected. I took a picture in the car driving home, which is not the best quality, but… you get the idea:

How is it that my baby is turning into an accident prone toddler already!?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!! Wipeout!!!! Congratulations on your first steps, Aurora! You're such a big girl! We're so proud of you!

~ bianca ~* said...

Her first steps are amazing - the time is really flying by!

Melanie Ostergard said...

Wow, walking at 10 months. Yeah for Aurora. I'm sorry she bloodied her nose at Barnes & Noble. That sucks. I hate it when they hurt themselves. It's so sad.

Unknown said...

Wow what a big girl already!! Maybe she will inspire Zeland to start walking...though I am not sure I am ready for a walking baby.

Cheezhead Robin said...

The video won't play on my computer even with my Turbo Charged Road Runner Broadband service.

Hope Aurora's adventures have safer endings. I guess books can be dangerous at BN, LOL!

Susanna Powers said...

That is really exciting! Aurora is the best documented baby on the internet. She is doing great. Love, susanna

Anonymous said...

We had to come back and watch it again. Look at our big girl Aurora! Woo hoo!

Jennifer said...

Such a big girl! That's awesome that you have Aurora's first steps captured on video. I'm so happy to get to see her walk for the first time!

Nancy said...

We knew she would be an early walker. She was trying so hard at Thanksgiving. 10 months!! What an achievement. Her did and uncle didn't walk until about 13 months.

Nancy said...

Correction -- "dad" not "did." I can't believe I didn't catch that one before publishing.