Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Camera pics

Chuck & I recently upgraded to new cell phones. Chuck finally got the iPhone of his dreams, and I got an LG Shine, which takes great pics and can take video as well. Once we set up and activated the new phones, I realized that there were several photos on our old phones that, while not the best quality, I didn’t want to lose.

I have been running around trying to figure out how to save those photos. I actually did attempt to email them to myself before the phones were deactivated, but the emails failed for some reason. If only that had worked! It turns out the cell phone providers can transfer data (phone numbers) but not photos, and photo places can blue-tooth the pics onto a disc, but only if the phones are active. I finally decided that my only choice was to take pictures of the pictures – which was hard considering the low quality, tiny screen, glare and crazy pixels. But, at least these little gems won't be lost forever…


Little Rora Roo the weekend she was born, and squirming around on the couch at 3-months old. There are many more, but these are the two we were using as wallpaper on our phones, and I already miss seeing them everyday. Of course, I've taken some pretty darn cute pictures with my new phone... now I just have to find a way to ensure that those can be transferred to my computer!

PS: Chuck said Aurora took her first unassisted steps this morning!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber if your phones had a USB cable hook-up you should be able to hook them up with that to the computer and than download them like it is an attached drive. If not some phone brands now offer a USB charger that may allow you to do the same thing.

Cheezhead Robin said...

The Cheezheads simply e-mail photos & videos from our cell cameras to our home e-mail addresses. My LG VX 8560 photos look great for cellphone shots.

Nancy said...

My has Aurora changed since her first week end!!

Nancy said...

First steps alone!! We knew it was coming soon. She's a determined little one.

Amber said...

So... we don't have a USB cable but I could probably fish out the phone's model number and try to find something on eBay. I bought a USB connector for my new phone and so far I can't figure out how to actually transfer pics - I think I need the micro-SD card for it to work (or perhaps I just need Chuck to help!). But Robin, as I said, I tried to email it and was too late - the phones are deactivated now. At least we have the pictures of the pictures :)

Yes, Aurora is certainly determined when it comes to walking. She was a determined early crawler, a determined stander, and I'm sure we'll be catching some "first steps" on video any day now!!! A week shy of 10-months old... and she's already becoming a toddler!

Anonymous said...

That's too bad about the pictures - but at least you have the pictures of the pictures, and from the looks of all this advice here, maybe you'll be able to download them still. Anyway, congrats on your new phones. Hi, Aurora!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! My pinky hit "enter" while I was typing "and Grandpa Slane." I didn't want to leave you wondering...

Anonymous said...

It happened again! I can't believe it! Sorry!

Amber said...

It's okay, Mom. Sometimes Nancy's messages post two or three times and I just delete the dupes. In this case, I just got 3 new messages which totally made me laugh, and the extra comments make this post look more popular ;)

Turpin Family said...

Wow! For how you did it, those turned out great! I can't believe how fast she is growing, and still as cute as can be. I love all the photos of her!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber, this is Dad, you could reduce the moire (old printing term) effect on the pictures of the phone photos by turning either the subject photo or the camera a little at a time and take the pictures. I think about 15 degrees should work. Experiment with that.

Cheezhead Robin said...

It amazes me that with all the thousands of photos of Aurora that have been taken so far, just a couple of photos are so important, LOL. I guess it's a "parent thing", LOL. The baby photos seem "old" now, LOL.

Nancy said...

I think the reason that I occasionally get duplicate entries is that my computer is slow to show the comment. I think that maybe it didn't work so I click on subscribe again. Bingo! Two entries. I will try to be more patient.